DURATION OF GAMES AND HALFTIME
- Running time will be used throughout the entire tournament. All games will have 40-minute halves separated by a 7 minute halftime. Pool play games that are tied at the end of regulation time will remain tied. Playoff games that are tied after regulation play will proceed to Kicks From the Mark
GAME CHECK-IN CONDUCT
- At least fifteen minutes prior to the start of each scheduled game, a tournament administrator will check in the team.
- Each player must have a school photo ID that must match to the team’s player roster. The Field Marshall’s are there to assist you with anything you might need and to handle the administrative concerns of the match. They do not have any authority over any decision made by the referee.
- Immediately after the match the Field Marshall will make sure the match card is signed by each team representative and taken to the tournament headquarters. A team who fails to properly check in with the Field Marshall will forfeit that game.
- Teams failing to check-in (15) minutes prior to their scheduled kick-off time or failing to report ready to play within (5) minutes of scheduled kick-off time may forfeit their match. All teams must have a minimum of (7) players present to start the match. Teams who have forfeited may continue on in the tournament.
- Roster limits 24 players to the team
- Finalized roster must be submitted online to Demosphere by Wednesday April 25th 9pm PST.
- Home team will wear light jersey while away team will wear dark. If there is a conflict, home team will change.
- NO unpadded hard casts permitted. If player has a soft cast, must have a doctor’s release and approval from the referee to play.
- NO knee braces made of hard, unyielding material are permitted, unless hinges are covered on all sides with approved padding, and all its edges are overlapped.
- Any stoppage provided the substitute is checked-in and ready prior to the stoppage. Exception on injuries.
- Coaches and team administrators are responsible for the conduct of their players, substitutes and spectators at all times. Coaching from the sidelines is permitted providing
- No mechanical devices are used
- Tone of instruction is not derogatory
- Each coach, team administrators, substitute remains within 5 yards of their team bench
- No coach, substitute, team administrators, spectator shall make derogatory remarks or gestures to referees, coaches, players, substitutes, or spectators
- No coach, substitute, team administrators will use profanity or incite, in any manner, disruptive behavior
CAUTIONS AND EJECTIONS
- any player receiving three (3) cautions (yellow cards) during the course of the tournament will be ineligible for the team’s next game
- any player or substitute receiving an ejection (red card) during the course of the tournament will be ejected from the game immediately and be asked to leave the vicinity of the playing field (including the road and hill running alongside the fields) and is ineligible for the team’s next game. The League Directors will determine if the carded player’s action warrant suspension for more than one game or tournament entirely
- A coach who is dismissed from the game will leave the vicinity of the fields, including nearby roads where he or she is able to watch the game. Depending on the severity of dismissal, there will be suspended a minimum of one game.
- A player receiving two cautions (yellow cards) in a single game is considered to have been given an ejection (red card) for a purpose of awarding points for the Tournament competition.
- A team will be disqualified from the Tournament if any player or coach fails to comply with the provisions of this section.
SUSPENDED AND TERMINATED GAMES
- If in the opinion of tournament officials a game must be suspended; the game may be resumed, but is subject to being ended not less than five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled start of the next game.
- If in the opinion of tournament officials, a game must be terminated for misconduct of players, substitutes, bench personnel, or spectators, the offending team could be suspended from further play and forfeits that game and all remaining games. **All previous points earned remain as played.
- If a game is terminated due to problems associated with the fields, including lighting for night games, or due to the serious injury of a player (see section INJURY) the resumption of play for that game will be at the discretion of tournament officials.
- Tournament officials may at their discretion conclude the game, require completion of the game or utilize penalty kicks to determine the winner of the game depending upon the circumstance and taking into account the potential effect of the game results on the standings of the teams.
- Delay of the game will only be allowed for an injury requiring professional medical attention and the inability to remove the injured player from the field until and while the medical attention is being provided to the player. The delay will result in the appropriate time being added to the full game time, based on the judgment of the referee. Otherwise, each game will be played without stoppage time. **All preliminary games will be terminated not less than five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled start of the next game.
- Failure to complete any game due to serious injury requiring suspension of play shall be controlled by the preceding section “Suspended and Terminated games.”
- Teams will be awarded points on the following basis
- Three (3) points for each win
- One (1) point for each tie
- Zero (0) points for each Loss
- In the event of a tie in points at end of group play, teams to advance will be determined as follows
- Winner in head to head competition
- Goal differential
- Most goals for
- Fewest goals against
- Most total wins
- Most shut outs
- Kicks from the mark procedures will be taken 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the appropriate quarterfinal/semifinal game
- If three-way tie exist within group after steps 1-5, a three-way coin flip will be conducted. The teams that tie in the coin flip will compete in kicks from the mark to eliminate one team prior to proceeding to kicks from the mark with the third team.
- The home team will wear light jerseys. The home team will use the team bench on the North or West side of the scorer’s table.
- Protests are not allowed. Any situation not explicitly covered by the rules will be resolved by the Tournament Directors. Decisions relating to the interpretation of the Tournament Rules can only be made by the WCSA Directors
INCLEMENT WEATHER OR ACT OF GOD
- In the event of inclement weather, or act of God that occurs once the games have begun, winners will be decided based on points earned up to that point, with any tie breakers being determined using the protocol outlined above in “Determining Winners”